We’ve come a long way since the single-line rotary phone
The latest office phones carry features that were unthinkable only a decade ago. Modern handsets sport state-of-the-art call management as standard, and higher-end models offer HD audio, video calling, CRM software integration, and more.
We compared entry-level, mid-level and high-end office phones from over 25 suppliers, rating them out of five stars for functionality, reliability and customer support.
We whittled that list down to the best five handsets in each price range.
Read on for our top picks, or request quotes from top office phone suppliers.
On This Page:
Entry Level ($0 - $150)
- Best for small business: Polycom VVX 300
- Best for build quality: Avaya 1616i
- Best for reception desks: Cisco SPA514G
- Best for style: Snom D712
- Best budget buy: Grandstream GXP 1630
Mid Level ($151 - $300)
- Best for conference calls: Polycom SoundStation IP 5000
- Best for multitasking: Yealink T46S
- Best for video calls: Samsung i3105
- Best for medium-sized business: Cisco 7841
- Best for call management: Mitel Aastra 6757i
High End ($300+)
- Best for executives: Mitel MiVoice 5360
- Best for call quality: Cisco 7975G
- Best for contact centers: Avaya 9641GS
- Best for large business: Alcatel-Lucent 8078s BT
- Best for plug-and-play functionality: Panasonic KX-UT670
The Top 15 Office Phone Systems
The top five entry level office phones are the Polycom VVX 300, Avaya 1616i, Cisco SPA514G, Snom D712 and Grandstream GXP 1630.
The top five mid level office phones are Polycom SoundStation IP 5000, Yealink T46S, Samsung i3105, Cisco 7841 and Mitel Aastra 6757i.
The top five high end office phones are Mitel MiVoice 5360, Cisco 7975G, Avaya 9641GS, Alcatel-Lucent 8068s BT and Panasonic KX-UT670.
|Polycom VVX 300||Entry Level||Best for small business|
|Avaya 1616i||Entry Level||Best for build quality|
|Cisco SPA514G||Entry Level||Best for reception desks|
|Snom D712||Entry Level||Best for style|
|Grandstream GXP 1630||Entry Level||Best budget buy|
|Polycom IP 5000||Mid Level||Best for conference calls|
|Yealink T46S||Mid Level||Best for multitasking|
|Samsung i3105||Mid Level||Best for video calls|
|Cisco 7841||Mid Level||Best for medium-sized business|
|Mitel Aastra 6757i||Mid Level||Best for call management|
|Mitel MiVoice 5360||High End||Best for executives|
|Cisco 7975G||High End||Best for call quality|
|Avaya 9641GS||High End||Best for contact centers|
|Alcatel-Lucent 8068s BT||High End||Best for large business|
|Panasonic KX-UT670||High End||Best plug-and-play functionality|
Many of these phone suppliers cover large areas of the country. But if you only need to make local or regional calls, there might be a better deal waiting for you with a smaller supplier.
Luckily, we’re here to help you find the very best deals. Just fill out our short webform, and we’ll crunch the numbers to find quotes from the best phone suppliers in your area.
Entry Level Office Phone Systems ($0 - $150)
Polycom VVX 300 VoIP Phone
Best for: Small Business
The plug-and-play readiness of the Polycom VVX makes this powerful 6-line handset a cinch to set up. Call quality is crystal clear, and the pairing of audio and video technology enhances communication, collaboration, and team productivity. Deployable in almost any business environment, it's the perfect office phone for the multitasking needs of busy managers and knowledge workers.
Other Models in the Series
- 1500 - executive business media phone unifying voice, video and applications
- 600 - premium phone for busy executives
- 500 - a high-performance phone designed for Unified Communications environments
- 400/410 - mid-range phones for office workers and call center agents
- 300/310 - powerful entry-level phones for low to moderate call volumes
Avaya 1616i Deskphone
Best for: Build Quality
Avaya’s flagship deskphone is for users who monitor multiple line extensions in addition to their own. Out of the box, you get 16-line support, feature keys and dual Ethernet connectivity. For customers new to IP phones, Avaya handsets are reknowned for having intuitive user interfaces and gentle learning curves.
Other Models in the Series
- 1603 - designed for use in public spaces with three-line support
- 1603 SW - basic desk phone with 3 line appearances
- 1608 - basic desk phone with 8 line appearances
- 1616 - desk phone with 16 line appearances for users who monitor their own extensions
- 16CC - cost-effective desk phone designed for call centers
Best for: Reception Desks
From enterprise executives to remote workers, the SPA514G is versatile enough to meet the demands of most users. Easy installation and secure encryption give you high-quality VoIP service at a reasonable price. Like all Cisco phones, it delivers the excellent voice quality, connectivity and functionality you expect from an industry leader.
Other Models in the Series
- SPA 501G/ SPA 508G - fully-featured 8-line business-class phones
- SPA 502G/ SPA 504G - fully-featured 1 or 4-line phones for business or home office
- SPA 509G - fully-featured 12-line business-class phone with HD voice
- SPA 512G/SPA 514G - fully-featured 1 or 4-line business-class phones with dual Gigabit Ethernet switched ports
- SPA 525G - top-of-the-range model featuring Cisco Mobile Link, high-resolution color screen and support for multimedia functions
Snom D712 IP Phone
Best for: Style
Snom is an innovative, quality-led German company. Their phones possess sleek designs and many features that are essential for knowledge workers. Handsets like the D712, which features HD audio output and a bright backlit LED display, are rare at this price point. You’d be hard pressed to find another product line with comparable call management capabilities.