Formerly known as Polycom, the Poly name has become synonymous with high-quality conferencing, from its SoundStation and SoundPoint phones to its videoconferencing tools.
The company has achieved massive growth over the years, partly through its acquisition of a multitude of innovative companies. Most recently, the company expanded its collaboration tools by acquiring ViVu, a video collaboration software company.
|Poly phone systems rating|
|Reviewed by Expert Market:||02/10/2021|
Products and Services
Poly is a full-service solution, allowing businesses to set up a communication and collaboration environment based on their specific needs.
The company was founded before the Windows desktop era and has achieved longevity because it has continued to evolve as technology has changed over the decades.
Businesses have been able to add to an existing Poly infrastructure, going from simple audio conferencing devices to collaborative videoconferencing solutions as their needs change.
Businesses across the globe use Poly to connect with employees, clients, and colleagues located around the world. Here are a few of the most popular uses for Poly products in business today:
- Video room conferencing using Poly's G7500 or Studio P5 systems
- Modern, intuitive phone calls with Poly's VVX series of corded and cordless desk phones, or its CCX series of touchscreen media phones
- Meetings using the Trio conference phone range, or the Poly Sync 20 speakerphone for smaller huddles
- Dedicated customer service for you and your team, with the Poly+ members only customer support service
- Insight into all of your Poly devices and how they're being used with cloud-based management software Poly Lens
Companies across the globe, in a variety of industries and sizes, use Poly for their conferencing needs. The solutions are priced on an individual basis, so each business has the opportunity to choose hardware and software that meets its individual budget and needs.
For example, healthcare organization Silver Chain Group uses Poly solutions to provide training to nurses and volunteers across Western Australia without leaving its head office.
The company reports that the technology has revolutionized its training processes, giving remote workers the support they need without trainers having to travel to each location on a regular basis.
The Best Poly Phones
Here are some of the best Poly phone systems on offer:
Poly's Trio range of conference phones boast Poly signature audio, NoiseBlockAI that keeps the speaker's voice crystal clear (instead of other sounds), intuitive touch screen interfaces from which you can launch or join a meeting with one button, and integration with a variety of collaboration platforms. This range includes:
- Trio C60 and Trio 8500 – For meeting rooms of any size
- Trio 8800 – For large meeting rooms
- Trio 8300 – For small meeting rooms
The VVX series is Poly's range of desk phones, which come in both corded and cordless models. Each offers reliable sound quality, and a neat, modern design to sit professionally on your office desk. This series includes:
- VVX 150 – A simple two-line IP desk phone that we'd recommend for home offices
- VVX 250 – A four-line IP phone which, though basic, has a color display. This phone is a good fit for small businesses
- VVX 350 – This mid-range IP phone comes with six lines
- VVX 540 – A 12-line IP phone that has been designed for premium performance, and would suit larger businesses
- VVX D230 – This IP phone is cordless, and works with DECT wireless technology
Poly's CCX range is unique in that its phone are powered by touch screens, not traditional buttons. Each CCX phone comes complete with a large color touchscreen, from which you can tap to make calls, browse contacts, or join meetings. They also boast Poly's clear audio. The CCX series includes:
- CCX 400 – An easy to use, entry-level media phone for team members who favor simplicity
- CCX 500 – More advanced than the 400 but still not the most sophisticated CCX entry, the CCX 500 can be used with a handset or a headset
- CCX 600 – At seven inches, the 600's touchscreen is larger than the 400 and 500's. With advanced chipsets and wifi included, you can use this phone with or without a handset, if you prefer to take calls hands-free
- CCX 700 – This phone is similar to the 600 in almost all respects – except that it also comes with an integrated four megapixel video camera, so you can make and take video calls from the device
Businesses of all sizes can find the solutions they need among Poly’s many options. Whether a business needs advanced features or basic VoIP handsets, Poly has the perfect solution.