Don't be scared to make the switch – find out how a virtual phone system can boost your business, without busting your budget
If you’re still using traditional phone lines or are unhappy with your current virtual PBX system, switching to any one of these systems will save you time and money from day one.
We've compared features, prices and customer reviews to find the best virtual switchboard phone systems on the market today. But which came out on top, and why? Read on to find out, or fill in this short form now to get tailored quotes for your business.
What’s on this page?
Best virtual switchboard phone systems in Canada
The best virtual phone systems in Canada are: Jive Voice, Vonage Enterprise, Nextiva Small Business and Versature Professional.
|Jive Voice||Best for value||Read Review|
|Vonage Enterprise||Best for scalability||Read Review|
|Nextiva Small Business||Best for reliability||Read Review|
|Versature Professional||Best for customer satisfaction||Read Review|
1. Jive Voice
Best for value
For just $26.95/user/month, the Jive Voice system delivers over 80 great features. The system allows you to create custom schedules to fit around your working hours, set time-based routing, and use its ‘find me/follow me’ feature to route incoming calls to several phones in sequence. This means you can carry on doing business, even when you’re on the move.
- Your business in your pocket; the Jive app means leaving the office doesn’t have to mean dropping calls
- Affordable, with a simple pricing structure
- 24/7 customer support, all year round
- Some customer reviews suggest the app is a little way behind the rest of the system
2. Vonage Business
Best for scalability
Vonage Enterprise is Vonage’s virtual switchboard phone system aimed at mid-sized corporations, or smaller ones which are fast-growing. It’s not the easiest system to get going with, but once it’s all set up, you’ll benefit from tons of features including VonageFlow team messaging for easy collaboration. Prices start at $26.85/user/month for mobile-only packages, or $40/user/month for desk phone bundles.
- Excellent reporting features to monitor team and individual performance – especially beneficial for call centers
- Great call quality
- Difficult to work out a price without contacting Vonage for a quote
- Additional add-ons can be pricey
3. Nextiva Small Business
Best for reliability
It’s nice when a phone company delivers great customer support. It’s even better if you don’t need it in the first place…
Nextiva has both bases covered. Guaranteeing 99.999% uptime is a pretty big ask of any internet-based phone system, but it delivers. If anything does go wrong, help is available round the clock via phone, email or webchat. Small business packages start at just $27/user/month.
- Amazingly consistent, with 99.999% uptime
- Round the clock customer support
- 500 toll-free minutes per month
- Some complaints of fluctuating call quality, but generally a good all-round system
4. Versature Professional
Best for customer satisfaction
Versature produces one of the most highly-regarded virtual switchboard phone systems in Canada. Its ‘Professional’ package, costing $34.99/user/month, isn’t its cheapest package, but we think it offers the best value. You get 5,000 toll-free minutes included (valued at $250.00), along with conferencing capabilities for up to five participants. Plus, free phone rental is included for 3 or 5 year contracts.
- Package includes 5,000 toll-free minutes
- Conferencing for up to five participants (more can be added for a fee)
- Free line rental for 3 or 5 year contracts
- Prices are transparent, and the most important elements are included in the main package
- The cost of additional features, such as short-term call recording at $10/user/month, will soon stack up
Our research identified the Jive Voice package as the best value virtual switchboard system in Canada. With 80 features and prices starting at just $26.95/user/month, it’s easy to see why.
That doesn’t mean that Jive Voice will be the right choice for every business. In fact, the only way to find the system that will bring your company the best value is to compare like for like quotes.
We can help with that. Simply pop a few details about your business into this short form, and we’ll match you with the best suppliers for your specific needs and location – leaving you to choose the option that suits you best.