Hamilton Beach Commercial has been making commercial coffee makers, and other food processing equipment, for over 100 years.
They are one of the country’s leading distributors of kitchen appliances, selling over 35 million appliances every year.
Hamilton Beach have several types of commercial coffee makers that cater from four cups to single cups. Their largest commercial machine can make up from 20 to 60 cups, making it ideal for catered events.
The stainless steel coffee maker (D50065) looks like a large urn, but it’s actually an easy-to-use coffee percolator that works with both ground coffee and coffee beans.
Read on to learn how to make the perfect cup of coffee for your staff or guests using a commercial Hamilton Beach coffee machine.
Parts and Features
- Locking tabs
- Coffee basket
- Pump Tube
- Water Level Indicator
- Heat Well
- Serving Spout
- Ready Light
- Cup Trip Handle
- Power ON Light
A step-by-step guide to making coffee with a Hamilton Beach coffee maker.
- Start by cleaning the urn. Take hold of the top section by turning then lifting it out of machine. Wash the inside with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Keep the base away from water to prevent any damage or injury.
- Fill the machine with tap water to the desired level. This will depend on how many cups you need.
PRO TIP: Use filtered water to keep your machine running smoothly for longer.
- Prepare the coffee holder basket by gently dampening it so that the coffee cannot slip through the holes.
- Add the required amount of coffee into the basket. Use the guidelines below as a benchmark:
- 60 cups = 3.5 cups of coffee
- 50 cups = 3 cups of coffee
- 40 cups = 2.5 cups of coffee
- 30 cups = 2 cups of coffee
- 20 cups = 1.5 cups of coffee
- Place the basket on top of the tube that leads to the pump, then hold and lower into the main body of the coffee urn.
- Twist the top until it locks into place.
- Plug in and wait.
Once finished, the machine will automatically switch itself to heat mode to keep the coffee hot.
Please note that if the machine will be sitting in this mode for a long time it is important to remove the coffee basket and pump tube.
How to Clean
- After use, unplug the power cord from the wall and let the machine cool for a few minutes. You’ll know if it’s ready to wash by it being cool to the touch.
- Remove lid and all internal parts. Note that parts, coffee grounds and any remaining coffee grounds may still be hot so handle carefully.
- Wash the inside of the coffee urn with warm, soapy water. Do not put the base of the coffee urn in water. For convenience the pump tube, spreader, lid and basket can all be placed in the dishwasher.
- Wipe the outside of the coffee urn with a wet cloth and dry with a towel. Store the coffee machine with the lid off.
- Oils and residue may begin to build up over time. This is nothing to worry about. Periodically Hamilton Beach recommend to use a coffee-stain remover or cleanser to remove build up. Rinse well after washing. DO NOT use harsh cleaners or pads on any part of the coffee machine.