A respected name in CRM solutions, Sage is the largest supplier of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to small businesses. Sage provides software to more than 14,000 small and medium-sized businesses across the world, with a global customer base of more than 6.3 million.
Sage CRM has won several awards, including being named TrustRadius's top-rated CRM software for both small and mid-sized companies.
This award was based on user ratings, reflecting customer sentiment toward the software's ease-of-use and affordability. Overall, users rated Sage CRM as the best choice for SMBs.
|Ease of Use|
|Help & Support|
|Reviewed by Expert Market:||21/04/2015|
Compare Sage to other CRM providers at Expert Market.
Product, Service and Solutions
Sage offers two different plans which both include a free 30-day trial. No credit card is required for the company's monthly plans, giving businesses the freedom to try the software without a commitment.
- Professional - Sage's CRM Professional edition is priced at $45 per user per month and comes with several great features. These include customer and contact management, lead and opportunity management, sales forecasting and reporting, mobile CRM, and the ability to convert web visitors into leads.
The professional edition also includes customer support management, workflow management, and campaign management. This is great for businesses as other CRM software providers often charge extra for these features. The professional version also has an app for iPhone or Android.
- On-Premise - Businesses with more extensive needs can sign up for a custom-priced edition called CRM On-Premise. With On-Premise businesses can add features, such as advanced customization integration with Sage ERP. It is also possible to integrate. On-Premise with Mail Chimp software.
For this edition, businesses can sign up for a demo of the service to see how it can be adapted for their unique needs and there is also the free trial option.
- Social Media - In addition to sales and customer relations, Sage CRM can also help businesses improve their social media efforts. With social CRM, Sage customers can get insight on the interactions and conversations happening on social media and adjust their activities accordingly.
As a result, brands will be able to generate leads and tweak products and marketing campaigns to be more effective.
- It is easy to learn
- Free 30-day trial with no credit card required
- Low cost that makes it affordable for smaller businesses
- Integration with telephone systems that allows businesses to track calls
- Sage can capture information entered into a web form on a business's page for later reference
- Limited features mean the app might not be scalable as a mid-sized business grows into a large corporation
- Sage CRM lacks the integration features found in other CRM solutions
- Competitor tracking isn't available
Among Sage's many high-profile customers is Konica Minolta, a South African business solutions firm known around the globe. Konica Minolta has used Sage CRM to consolidate processes that previously required three separate software programs. As a result, its sales teams now have real-time visibility into company data, making it easier to build relationships with customers.
Pharmaceutical company Careology use Sage CRM to streamline patient information, which has helped the company improve the service it gives to its customers. The new solution gives Careology access to reporting and facility activity tracking, as well as a better inventory management system.
Sage CRM has also helped Careology automate processes between different departments.
Benefits and Drawbacks
Sage CRM is popular with customers for a variety of reasons. Some of these reasons are:
There are a few issues with Sage CRM that may impact some businesses:
Whether you're using Sage CRM alone or in combination with Sage ERP, your business can benefit from its insights into your customer interactions and leads. Its affordable pricing and easy-to-learn interface make it an ideal solution for smaller businesses.
Sage CRM invites businesses to try the software for 30 days with the knowledge that they can cancel or purchase the software at any time.
While Sage CRM has limitations, the software is popular with its many small business customers across the globe. For a business purchasing CRM software for the first time Sage's professional edition at $45 per user per month is an excellent choice.