Sales professionals rely heavily on the leads they receive. Once those leads come in, the pressure is on to act on them. But keeping up with the constant flow of potential and existing customers can be extremely complicated, especially if you don’t have the right tools in place to handle the job.
Lead management software tackles the complex task of managing leads for sales and marketing teams. Whether leads are being directed from a business’s website or through lead nurturing processes, this software helps organize and track every lead to allow sales teams to easily designate follow-up opportunities. Through this technology, teams can avoid having things fall through the cracks.
Perhaps the most valuable aspect of lead management software is its ability to track and report on sales and marketing efforts within a company. For sales managers, this means being able to see which team members are performing, while also monitoring the influx of leads and how they’re being handled. Marketing teams can determine exactly which efforts are resonating and adjust future campaigns accordingly.
Benefits of Lead Management Software
- Lead distribution - When a lead comes in, which team member works on it? Lead management software can set up workflows that assign leads by designated criteria.
- Activity history - Team members can easily see what action has been taken in the past on each lead to avoid contacting someone who is already working with someone else on the team.
- Lead ranking - Leads can be marked as "hot", "warm" or "cold", making it easy to readily identify those opportunities that need immediate action.
- Lead qualification - Some tools offer the opportunity to intelligently qualify each lead as it comes in, determining whether a potential customer is likely to convert.
- Forecast and pipeline reporting - Keep track at all times of where your business’s sales efforts stand.
- Automatic lead conversion - Once a lead becomes a customer, the software transfers all of the information to the business’s customer database.
- Reviewing results - Marketing teams can consistently review the results of their campaigns to learn what is working and what isn’t.
Find the Best Lead Management Software for Your Business with Expert Market
Top Lead Management Software Providers
With so many lead management solutions available, a business can easily find one that matches its own internal lead nurturing processes. Here are a few of the most popular lead management technology providers in the business.
Pardot is owned by Salesforce, which is a popular choice among sales teams in a variety of industries. The tool interacts with a business’s existing Salesforce databases and apps to manage leads. Plans start at $1,000 per month, which includes up to 10,000 contacts.
One of the fastest-growing companies in the country, Infusionsoft specializes in email marketing and sales solutions.
The lead management feature includes lead scoring, proposal preparation and deployment and opportunity management. Plans start at $199 per month.
With Zoho CRM, businesses can gather leads in raw form; through completing a form, importing from other sources and more.
Zoho's workflows can be set up to automate the process of assigning leads to specific salespeople. Prices start at $12 per user per month.
HubSpot gathers information on a lead from an organization’s various databases, integrating with tools like SalesForce, GoToWebinar, and Wistia.
Through a timeline, with Hubspot users can easily view the entire history of a team’s interactions with a lead, resulting in more effective interactions. Prices start at $200 per user per month.
Lead management software helps businesses collect and work with leads, improving productivity and reducing errors. With the right system in place, sales and marketing professionals will have the tools necessary to be more effective in their own jobs, raising the revenue they bring in each month.