Customer relationship management (CRM) solutions now serve as the backbone of business operations across many industries. With its focus on business, it’s no surprise that Microsoft is now part of the CRM landscape, offering a suite of business solutions designed to encourage collaboration and improve productivity.
The Microsoft Dynamics platform includes CRM and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, as well as supply chain management and data analytics. Businesses can choose one of these solutions or a combination of all of them, with each piece interacting with the others. One differentiating factor for Microsoft Dynamics’ CRM is that it integrates with the Office suites so many businesses rely on today, as well as tools like Yammer and Skype.
|Microsoft Dynamics Review|
|Ease of Use|
|Help & Support|
|Reviewed by Expert Market:||24/08/2015|
Compare all CRM software options by filling in the form at the top of the page.
Product, Service and Solutions
Microsoft Dynamics’ CRM solution serves four major areas of a business’s customer relations:
- Sales - Tools are built directly into Excel and Outlook to make it easy for teams to quickly follow up. Teams have visibility into customer interactions, as well as the ability to see activities in marketing and service departments. The app uses social media to keep contact information updated and help sales teams locate mutual connections before contacting a lead.
- Service - When customers call customer service, they want the experience to be as helpful as possible. Microsoft’s service solution arms customer service agents with the information they need to answer customer questions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Marketing - Microsoft Dynamics handles everything for a business’s marketing team, including planning and budgeting. It can also track a business’s email, social and traditional marketing efforts.
- Social Intelligence - Once these tools are in place, a business needs to track results. Social Intelligence puts technology like social listening, alerts, and trend spotting in place to give a business the information it needs to remain competitive.
Best of all, Microsoft Dynamics integrates with the software most businesses use already, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel. This allows businesses to create a collaborative environment in which all of its solutions work together.
As a growing bank, Tangerine faces challenges in competing with many larger banks. The company has etched out a place for itself in a crowded marketplace by arming its employees with instant customer feedback that can then be used in refining its practices.
Third-generation family-owned business O’Neal Steel uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online in combination with Microsoft Office 365 to store information on leads. This system gives them the information they need to make more effective connections with potential customers.
Benefits and Drawbacks
The many benefits of Microsoft Dynamics include:
- Easy integration with Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Full suite of solutions to power all major business areas.
- Scalable solutions that adapt as businesses evolve.
- One solution can power a business’s, sales, marketing, service, and analytics needs.
- Multi-currency and multi-language options built in.
- Role-based configuration allows a business to easily create and manage accounts.
There are a few drawbacks to Microsoft Dynamics, including:
- Design isn’t as user friendly as other solutions.
- Cost can be higher than other solutions.
Microsoft Dynamics is a full-service solution that is built for businesses powered by Office 365. Since many businesses use Microsoft products, Dynamics can seem a natural choice. It is certainly worth considering, since it can easily be integrated into an office’s core software environment. However, it’s important that businesses shop other solutions as well, to ensure that Microsoft Dynamics is the right choice.
With a wide variety of solutions that can be customized to a business’s needs, Microsoft Dynamics is a natural choice for many businesses. The company provides a free demo for businesses that are interested in seeing what the product can do for its sales, service, marketing and analytics efforts.