Grasshopper was founded in 2009 by two entrepreneurs and the company now have a growing user base of over 100,000.
Formerly known as GotVMail, they re-branded to create a company for business orientated clients and entrepreneurs alike who would benefit from using a virtual telephone system.
Grasshopper's virtual system allows telephone calls to be forwarded to cell phones, voice mail and colleagues via one business phone number, allowing businesses to pick up calls from any location.
|Grasshopper Phone Systems Review|
|Reviewed by Expert Market:||06/08/2016|
What are the Benefits?
Virtual phone systems like Grasshopper benefit businesses, in the main, by negating the need for a separate phone line. Also, by obtaining a toll-free or local business number, customers will be encouraged to call.
Furthermore, the privacy of your residential number is kept, especially if your business is run from your home address.
When traveling, calls can be transferred to your device of choice. This enables clients to contact you or a colleague directly without the need for answer phone messages (although there is an option to send the caller directly to voicemail).
As Grasshopper links to your existing mobile or office phones, there is no need to purchase extra hardware.
What are the Features?
Grasshopper phone systems have many features including:
- An easy to use online dashboard for changing settings and business features.
- Each company member can benefit from their own extension, creating and customizing their own personalized greetings, voicemail and notifications via email or text message.
- Departmental extensions can be created to enable call forwarding between members of a department. Alternatively, call-routing can be used to distribute calls amongst available sales or support team workers.
- Transfer existing business numbers with the option to purchase local and toll-free numbers.
- Accept faxes via individual or dedicated fax extensions. These are also viewable online or in PDF format through your email account.
- Specify and route incoming calls according to your business hours.
- Upload your own 'on-hold' music or use Grasshopper's own selection.
- The tool-tip assistance provides a useful guide when becoming familiar with system features.
- Grasshopper has an easily expandable system which can be handled via the online dashboard.
- Record your own messages via phone or created MP3 files.
- Caller ID (know who's calling you before you accept the call).
- Read your own voicemails via email notification transcriptions.
- Conference calling.
What are the Costs?
There are four different user plans you can sign up to according to business size and requirements. These can be upgraded or downgraded as necessary, and online, after your initial sign-up. Activation of these plans is free of charge.
*The 'Pay as you Grow' plan costs $12 per month. There is no free minute bundle so calls cost six cents per minute. This comes with 1 toll-free or local number and unlimited extensions.
*For $24 a month, the 'Ramp' plan gives you 500 free minutes per month, unlimited extensions and 1 toll-free or local number.
*The most popular plan is 'Grow' costing $49 per month. You will receive 2,000 free minutes per month, unlimited extensions and 2 toll-free or local numbers.
*The 'Max' plan costs one hundred and $99 per month. This comes with 10,000 free minutes per month, 3 toll-free or local numbers, unlimited extensions and unlimited voice studio.
Grasshopper also offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your service.